"Delete from CRM" warning

Oct 22, 2009 at 6:07 PM

Suggestion/warning:

The "Delete from CRM" button is extremely dangerous and ambiguous on the UI. It does not work the same way as the "Export to CRM" button next to it.

Instead of deleting only records in the datagrid (e.g. those loaded from a CSV), it deletes all records in the view. This is explained briefly in the documentation, but is not at all clear from the UI.

It is all too easy to delete all records in a view (and potentially every record of that entity, plus all cascading child entities, e.g. all activities), instead of the subset in the datagrid that was intended. Recovering from an incorrect Bulk Deletion job of multiple cascading entities is extremely difficult / almost impossible, especially with CRM Online, since MSFT does not keep/restore backups for user deletions, and you cannot cancel, rollback or undo the operation.

Feature request: make the "Delete from CRM" button work the same way as the "Export to CRM" button. i.e. delete only the records in the current datagrid. First column (only column necessary) should be the GUID for this to work.

Coordinator
Oct 26, 2009 at 4:39 PM

True, :)

I'll see what i can do to add some new functionality... or a better warnings.

Wim