Sequence contains no matching element

Apr 5, 2009 at 7:13 AM
Hi,

I'm trying to import a subset f entities from one CRM system to another. When I perform an import to CRM I get the error "Sequence contains no matching elementSequence contains no matching element". Yes, 2 times.

What does it mean?

I need to move all Contacts, Accounts and Leads, noting that account records have links to contact and vice versa. Any ideas if I can do this with this tool?

Thanks
Coordinator
Apr 5, 2009 at 9:25 AM
Hi kiavash,

It should be possible to do this. One thing I notice where the problem might be is the way you import.
First off all, do the records you try to import contain fields that do not exist in the destination CRM? if so try to remove those columns in the cvs file.
Secondly, if the contacts / accounts have references to another entity, I think the other entities need to exist before you try to update. Otherwise CRM cannot resolve the GUID's of the entities.
The way you could do this is by preparing 2 cvs files for each import. The first one whitout the lookup field and the second one with. First you upload all the entities without the lookup fields, that way you ensure they exist in crm, next you upload the files with the lookup fields. Please note that for the second cvs files only the contactid, and the reference field are needed. This is just to speed things up a little. The other fields do not need updating since they have just been imported.

I hope this helps. If not feel free to contact me again, because this looks like an unexpected error... I would like to know where it originates from so I can fix it.

Greetz
Wim
May 13, 2009 at 6:48 PM

Hi,

I have an import question similar to the above problem. I have some new contacts that I would like to import into CRM from a .csv file. Since these contacts are new, the do not have any contactid's yet. But, they do match up to Accounts that are already existing in CRM. The Contacts .csv file also contains the GUID for the corresponding Account. Since the "Parent Customer" is a lookup field in each CRM contact record, how do I import the new contacts so that they automatically link to their respective Accounts? Is there a way to do this?

Thanks,

Lisa