Microsoft Dynamics CRM Bulk Update and Export tool
Makes it easier for people to update and/or export data from Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. You won't need to do everything manually. Let the computer do the work, you do the thinking. It's developed in C# on the microsoft CRM SDK.
- You can save your connection. We are a hosting company and we have 6 different CRM instances on 3 different servers, so this is quite nice.
- One of our clients has 15.000+ records in their contacts. Because CRM returns only 5.000 records for each request, I can’t update them all in one go. This was changed by making multiple requests if necessary.
- Access all the records and all the fields. In the MSCRM 4.0 Bulk Data Export Tool you can only use the tool on Advanced find views. I allow you to use the tool on the main entity. Which is really helpfull in some cases.
- Change lookup fields.
- It allows you to choose the Authentication type. You can connect to CRM with Active Directory, SPLA, Passport
- You can export the data you got from CRM to Excel. Then you can do all your updates in Excel (with vlookup and such).
- You can import the date and send it back to CRM.
- You can see the update progress on the fly
- If an error where to occur you can see the error by hovering over the error field.
- Create bulk deletion jobs
- You can correct the error or do minor changes in the tool's datagrid itself. Only the changed records will be sent to CRM upon update
- Choose the csv delimiters
- Define your own color codes for errors, changes, uploaded
CRM 2011 is not supported!
The reason is that the CRM 2011 import features are vastly improved and can do most (if not all) of the things this tool provides, out-of-the-box.
So why use custom code to do something what is already there :)
I didn't find anything the tool can do what the new import features can't do (yet).
If you did, please let me know.
- Andrey Campos > For providing a Microsoft CRM Live test account.
Orbit One is a software development agency located in Ghent, Belgium.
We specialize in internet facing websites, intranet and extranet applications.
We use technologies such as ASP.Net, SharePoint, Umbraco and Microsoft Dynamics CRM.http://www.orbitone.com